So…what exactly is a house concert??
It’s a fun evening where friends, co-workers, and family can all mingle and meet in the warmth and intimacy of your own home.
Enjoy 1-2 hours of music for your entertainment. Intermission and opening act optional. Sound system provided.
It’s easy! Just follow the steps below:
- Fill out my contact form with your requested dates (usually about 2-4 weeks in advance) and a description of what you have in mind for the evening. We can also work together to invite another artist to play (works best for weekends where each artist could play for up to 1 hour).
- Invite your friends, family, and/or neighbors. If you’re hosting for the first time, try starting small and limiting the guest list to 5-10 people, making it an exclusive event that people will want to attend! Weeknights work best for this scenario and are great when combined with a dinner party.
- Enjoy the concert!
Some ideas for your house concert:
- House warming party
- Holiday themed (Christmas, New Year’s party)
- Potluck dinner
- Wine tasting / drinks and dessert
- Combined with another party (Pampered Chef, Thirty-One, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still host a concert if I don’t have a big house?
Yes! Many artists (including myself) playing house concerts actually prefer to play for small, intimate crowds because people are more likely to listen and interact with them during the performance. Still, you’d be surprised how many people can fit in your living room!
Does it cost me money to host a house concert?
Nope! There is no cost to host a concert, but as traveling artists we appreciate it when hosts ask their guests to consider a suggested donation. The artist will either have a “donations” box on the merch table or pass around a jar for people to contribute whatever they can. A house concert usually averages $10 per person, but no one should be turned away if they are not able to give.